Two Student Assistants (f/m/x)
The WZB Berlin Social Science Center, research area International Politics and Law, research unit Global Governance (Director: Prof. Dr. Michael Zürn), seeks up to
two Student Assistants (f/m/x)
to be employed for a period of 6 months, starting on 1st December 2019, with a weekly working load of 15 hours. The two positions are embedded in the research project Overlapping Spheres of Authority and Interface Conflicts in the Global Order (OSAIC). Taking the increasing international institutional density as starting point, the project investigates the coordination of different norms, institutions and authorities, and the consequences of norm collisions. The student assistants will support the project RESPONSES that studies the different ways in which interface conflicts are managed across a diverse range of issue areas.
- Support of scientific work, such as literature research, data collection and processing, providing content-related input for publications, as well as editorial work.
- Researching and analysing case studies.
- Master’s student in International Relations, Political Science, or related discipline,
- Very good course achievements,
- Sound knowledge of MS Office applications,
- Very good command of written and spoken English,
- Previous experience with, or interest in, data collection, processing, and management in Excel,
- Ability to work independently with great attention to detail.
- Knowledge of theories of International Relations and international organizations,
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative (R, STATA) research methods,
- Previous experience with case studies and/or systematic text analysis,
- Experience with reference management software (e.g., Citavi, EndNote).
- In accordance with Labour Agreement for Student Assistants (TV Stud III; currently €12.50/hour).
Disabled candidates with equal qualifications will be given preference.
The WZB expressly invites women and persons with migration background to apply.
Candidates are kindly requested to send their applications (letter of motivation, CV, transcript of records, and copies of relevant certificates) per e-mail, in the form of one single PDF file, no later than 12th November 2019 to Joia Buning <gg-hiwi.applications [at] wzb.eu>.
WZB Berlin Social Science Center
Reichpietschufer 50, 10785 Berlin